- On the ninth day of Christmas. . .
- A Champagne Birthday for Marcus Aurelius!
- Once Upon A Time: The Story of Us
- Pomp and Circumstance, Kindergarten Style!
- It took me 53 years to write this one. . . .
- Friends, Romans, Cousins (forever). . .
- Are you headed for the beach or the office?
- Tempus Fugit
- Boys will be boys, and what about the girls?
- You Can Always Go Downtown
- Why You Are Special in God’s Eyes and Mine…..a love letter
- Hippity-Hop Lazy Easter Monday
- My Journey of Faith, Hope and Doubt
- Cheers for Friends
- A 36 Hour Day
- 10,289 hits
The Blog Farm
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Today’s commute from work was especially pleasant. Having left work uncharacteristically early, I drove west toward home. The late afternoon sun in my eyes prompted me to put on my shades. This time of year I wear sunglasses to cut … Continue reading
Hug your children. Kiss your special someone. Love until it hurts. Most important, don’t take your loved ones for granted. Life is short. I can’t seem to get Jennifer Simson off my mind. I didn’t know Jennifer or her family. … Continue reading
I didn’t know what to write about tonight. I sat down at my computer, and checked my Facebook home page. My sister and a friend shared a video post. Based on their comments, I felt compelled to watch. I invite … Continue reading
Presidents Day for me is a day off from work. This morning I decided to catch up on some cleaning and laundry. I put some dirty clothes in my front-loading washing machine. The new machines are gentler on clothes and … Continue reading
Don’t let the title fool you. This writing is not about Jack Bauer, the protagonist from the TV series of the same name. Consider this my bait and switch moment. This essay will be about the number 24, but first … Continue reading
One of the great things about living in the city where I grew up is that I still see my childhood friends. This morning’s weather was especially unpleasant as I readied myself for a special date. Given my mood the … Continue reading
I’m stuck. I wait at the bottom of the well, unable to use the rope to pull myself out. Stuck. I want to be rescued. Who will rescue me? The other day I was thinking of the word inertia. I … Continue reading